Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Summer Of Cooking

I have recently developed a love for reading cooking and homemade blogs.  Anything to do with making it yourself and I'm hooked.  I guess it's no surprise that I am a huge fan of Pinterest.

My goal this Summer is to try to make as much of my food as possible.  The aim is to eat fresher, eat healthier and as close to natural as possible.  Ok, I admit, I love desserts... but if we eat dessert I would rather know what I'm eating than opening a packet or box, the contents of which have probably been shipped from the other side of the world.  I would like to purchase produce in season, stick to a somewhat limited budget (I aim for <$120/week for our family of 4) and create some amazing foods that will hopefully become family favourites.  I might even throw in a few tried and true favourites that have been filed away.

The question that was asked at the dinner table tonight was "What is your favourite homemade meal?" (knowing the answer would likely be McDonalds without the 'homemade' tag).   The eldest decided that "dad's rice" was her favourite.  The youngest thought my lasagne was a winner.  Both hubby and I decided that we didn't have a 'favourite' - we both appreciate different meals for different reasons.

I look forward to spending more time blogging (instead of just reading them) and getting busy in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment